- Post Doc, Engineer, Junior Group Leader
I have extensive experience with preclinical PET imaging and at Stanford I extended my knowledge of PET quantification and gained experience with MR spectroscopy and optogenetics. I have, in collaboration with Assistant Professor Frederick T. Chin and Professor Karl Deisseroth, looked into the effects of dopaminergic optogenetic stimulation on dopamine D2 receptor levels - work that I am now continuing at NRU. Another collaboration with Assistant Professor Frederick T. Chin and Professor Daniel M. Spielman is quantifying GABA receptor changes using PET and MR spectroscopy in a mouse model of Fragile X syndrome - a technique I also use in my current post doc project at NRU.
2015 - Post.doc, Neurobiology Research Unit 2012 - 2015 Post.doc, Rao Lab, Stanford University, USA 2010 - 2011 Post.doc, Bionanotechnology and Nanomedicine Laboratory, University of Copenhagen 2007 - 2010 Ph.D., University of Copenhagen 2005 - 2007 Research Assistant, Neurobiology Research Unit 2005 M.Sc. in Biotechnology Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
Has published more than 20 scientific papers and conference proceedings.
- Palner M, Shen B, Jeon J, Lin J, Chin FT and Rao J. Preclinical kinetic analysis of the Caspase-3/7 PET tracer [18F]C-SNAT for imaging tumor apoptosis after chemotherapeutic treatment. J. Nucl. Med. 2015 Sep;56(9):1415-21
- Shen B, Jeon J, Palner M, Ye D, Shuhendler A, Chin FT and Rao J. Positron Emission Tomography Imaging of Drug-Induced Tumor Apoptosis with a Caspase-Triggered Nanoaggregation Probe. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013 Sep 27;52(40):10511-4
- Ettrup A, Holm S, Hansen M, Wasim M, Santini MA, Palner M, Madsen J, Svarer C, Kristensen JL and Knudsen GM. Preclinical Safety Assessment of the 5-HT(2A) Receptor Agonist PET Radioligand [ 11C]Cimbi-36. Mol Imaging Biol. 2013 Aug;15(4):376-83
- Ettrup A., Mikkelsen JD, Lehel S, Madsen J, Nielsen EØ, Palner M, Timmermann DB, Peters D and Knudsen GM. 11C-NS14492 as a novel PET radioligand for imaging cerebral alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors: in vivo evaluation and drug occupancy measurements. J Nucl Med. 2011 Sep;52(9):1449-56
- Palner M, Kjaerby C, Knudsen GM and Cumming P. Effects of unilateral 6-OHDA lesion on [3H]NPA binding in striatum ex vivo, and vulnerability to amphetamine-evoked dopamine release in rat. Neurochem Int. 2011 Feb;58(3):243-7
- Palner M, Underwood MD, Kumar DJS, Arango V, Knudsen GM, Mann JJ and Parsey RV. Ex vivo evaluation of the serotonin 1A receptor partial agonist [3H]CUMI-101 in awake rats. Synapse. 2011 Aug;65(8):715-23
- Palner M, McCormick P, Parkes J, Knudsen GM and Wilson AA. Systemic catechol-O-methyl transferase inhibition enables the D1 agonist radiotracer R-[11C]SKF 82957. Nucl Med Biol. 2010 Oct;37(7):837-43
- Palner M, McCormick P, Gillings N, Begtrup M, Wilson AA and Knudsen GM. Radiosynthesis and ex vivo evaluation of (R)-(-)-2-chloro-N-[1-11C-propyl]n-propylnorapomorphine. Nucl Med Biol. 2010 Jan;37(1):35-40