- Chief medical technologist
My main clinical and scientific interest are:
- Functional brain 99mTc -HMPAO SPECT as a diagnostic tool for assessment of regional cerebral blood flow, particularly in dementia, cerebrovascular disease, and epilepsy
- Subtraction of interictal from ictal SPECT images with subsequent coregistration with MRI (SISCOM) as a useful diagnostic tool for identifying the epileptogenic region
- [123I]PE2I-SPECT as a diagnostic tool for assessment of imaging the dopamine transporter, particularly in Parkinson's disease and uncertain parkinsonism
- The relationship between dopamine transporter (DAT) and BMI in normal and over-weight subjects with [123I]PE2I-SPECT
- Correlation between smoking and DAT in healthy subjects using [123I]PE2I-SPECT
- SPECT 123-I-CLINDE as a marker of neuroinflammation in neurodegenerative diseases.
2001 - 03 Rigshospitalet's Management Training 1990 - Chief Medical Technologist and daily leader of the SPECT laboratory 1986 - 90 Research Medical Technologist, Neurobiology Research Unit, Rigshospitalet 1979 - 86 Medical Laboratory Technologist, Department of Clinical Chemistry, Sundby Hospital 1976 - 79 Medical Laboratory Technologist trainee, Department of Clinical Chemistry, Sundby Hospital
My full list of scientific publications can be accessed using the following PubMed search string: Thomsen G AND Copenhagen NOT 1983.