- PhD, Medicinal chemist
Dept. Neurology and Neurobiology Research Unit,
Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet,
Blegdamsvej 9, DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
- Curriculum vitae
Dan Peters (founder and director of DanPET AB) has more than 20 years of experience within the field of medicinal chemistry and neuroscience from NeuroSearch. While affiliated with NRU, he has gratefully been working within the successful EU-project with the main purpose to mature the alpha7 PET-ligand 11-C-NS14492 so it can be used in the clinic in the future. Another important purpose has been the supply and research-implementation of new ligands with relevance within the nicotinic field under the world leading research-umbrella of Professor Jens Mikkelsen and Gitte Moos Knudsen.
Future collaboration between NRU and DanPET AB may be broad and include investigation and research implementation of new ligands of relevance within the monoamine reuptake field and nicotinic field, e.g. the alpha6 nicotine area with high relevance against neuropsychiatric symptoms in PD and AD.
2016 - Co-founder and CTO, Initiator Pharma, Aarhus, Denmark 2013 - 2019 Co-founder of R&D Task Force, Malmö, Sweden 2012 - Founder, CEO, DanPET AB (Org number 556880-4388) 2011 - 2012 Scientific Director, Monoamine research, NeuroSearch A/S 2007 - 2011 Vice President, Director of Medicinal Chemistry, NeuroSearch A/S 2001 - 2011 Member of management group, NeuroSearch A/S 1997 - 2006 Department Leader, Medicinal Chemist; NeuroSearch A/S 1991 - 1997 Medicinal Chemist, NeuroSearch A/S
2008 Mini MBA course, Birkbeck University of London 1991 PhD in Chemistry, University of Lund 1987 BSc in Chemistry, University of Lund 1981 - 1982 Military service, Malmö, Sweden
- Broad professional experience and competence within pharmaceutical research and development in the biotech industry.
- Strong track record in medicinal chemistry that paved the way for several alliances
- Great track record on moving ideas into practice by means of motivating a team
- Knowledge and experience to design and achieve orally available drugs
- Successful management of several programs together with collaboration partners
- Strong understanding around biomarkers and the development of PET-ligands
- Useful experience about IPR and strategically handle a patent portfolio
Author or co-author of >70 publications and co-author of >100 patents.