- Published: Monday, 08 July 2019 11:11
- Hits: 684
- Published: Monday, 13 May 2019 13:07
- Hits: 1106
The project involves visiting post-doc Marie Spies (Austria) and deals with determining genetic effects on 5HT2A and 5HTT binding in healthy control.
- Published: Tuesday, 09 April 2019 09:13
- Hits: 1246
It is a great pleasure to invite you all to come and celebrate Claus Svarer's 25 years work anniversary on -
Thursday, May 16 at 14:00
NRU, Rigshospitalet, entrance 69, 3rd floor
Juliane Maries Vej 28, 2100 København Ø
Please see the invitation here.
The reception is kindly sponsored by the Neuroscience Center.
Gitte Moos Knudsen
Professor, Head of NRU
- Published: Monday, 08 April 2019 13:41
- Hits: 1191
- Published: Monday, 01 April 2019 11:19
- Hits: 1238
Project abstract: When the brain changes in response to stimuli it is referred as brain plasticity. When plasticity occurs, the individual nerve cells change their inner machinery, establish novel contacts (called synapses) to other nerve cells, and break others. However, all this occurs at the cellular level and we can only detect brain plasticity today if we remove the brain and study the synapses biochemically or in the microscope. This strongly limits our ability to determine if treatments are printed in the brain in real time. Most importantly, it also prevents our ability to observe changes in the brain of patients with neurological including cerebral palsy. This is very important, because such changes occur early in the disease processes. Very recent discovery of radiotracers that bind to the synaptic vesicle protein, synaptic vesicle glycoprotein 2A (SV2A) and imaging may revolutionize our ability to measure synaptic density in the living brain as an indicator of brain plasticity. We have already made significant progress in the validation of these radiotracers. In this project, using own synthesized radiotracers and validated methods, we will define the changes in binding and measure and correlate binding of these tracers in animal models of cerebral palsy as well as in fresh tissue from patients that underwent neurosurgical operation for epilepsy as an important contribution for novel diagnostics in psychiatry and neurology.
- Published: Tuesday, 22 January 2019 09:41
- Hits: 1624
- Published: Thursday, 03 January 2019 14:42
- Hits: 1275
Major grant from the Lundbeck Foundation for 5-year thematic alliance within precision medicine in epilepsy and depression
- Published: Monday, 17 December 2018 14:59
- Hits: 1287
- Published: Monday, 17 December 2018 14:07
- Hits: 1133
The defence will take place in Auditorium C, Rigshospitalet Glostrup, Valdemar Hansens Vej 5, 2600 Glostrup.
- Published: Wednesday, 03 October 2018 11:55
- Hits: 1481
More Articles ...
- Grant from the Lundbeck Foundations International Neuroscience Programme for Hanne D. Hansen
- Successful PhD defence by Liv V. Hjordt
- Adriaan Lammertsma new visiting professor at NRU
- NRU annual report 2017
- Three travel stipends from the Lundbeck Foundation
- Two scholarships from DPS to Vibe Frøkjær
- NRU Summer Interns
- Grant from DFF to Gitte Moos Knudsen
- Olaf Paulson becomes honorary member of The Danish Neurological Society
- Large grant to Melanie Ganz from the Elsass Foundation