- Published: Friday, 27 July 2018 12:11
- Hits: 2204
- Published: Monday, 02 July 2018 15:30
- Hits: 2136
- Published: Tuesday, 12 June 2018 08:56
- Hits: 2113
- Published: Friday, 01 June 2018 11:22
- Hits: 1792
We are very glad to welcome our summer interns:
Niki Stypidou, bachelor student in Neuroscience at the University of Edinburgh. She will join NRU in June and July, primarily assisting the Sleep project.
Sara Bakalchuk, a rising senior and neuroscience major from Wesleyan University in USA where she has shadowed in a research lab studying obesity and addiction in rats. Her main scientific interests include neuroanatomy, neuroimaging and clinical neuroscience. Sara will be at NRU until mid August.
- Published: Friday, 04 May 2018 15:34
- Hits: 1847
Synapses are the points of communication between brain cells and they are subject to adaptations, known as synaptic plasticity. Recently, it has become possible to assess presynaptic density in the living human brain with the synaptic vesicle glycoprotein 2A (SV2A) radioligand, 11C-UCB-J and positron emission tomography (PET). We here propose a project with three aims:
1) to determine if cerebral SV2A density is preserved in healthy ageing across.
2) to investigate if short-term sensory deprivation is associated with a compensatory increase in cerebral SV2A density, and if the ability to induce synaptic plasticity is related to APOE/BDNF genotypes.
3) to uncover if cerebral SV2A density is decreased in hippocampus/entorhinal cortex in elderly people at risk for Alzheimer’s Disease.
Knowledge about development of synaptic plasticity in human brain will critically inform us about not only about neurorehabilitation potential, but also about how and when neurodegeneration emerges.
- Published: Monday, 23 April 2018 11:31
- Hits: 1857
Olaf got his honorary diploma handed over by Jesper Erdal, who is the president of the DNS.
- Published: Wednesday, 11 April 2018 16:44
- Hits: 2166
- Published: Wednesday, 11 April 2018 16:35
- Hits: 2117
- Published: Friday, 23 March 2018 08:56
- Hits: 1926
- Published: Monday, 12 March 2018 14:33
- Hits: 2496
More Articles ...
- PhD defence: Vincent Beliveau
- PhD defence: Louise Møller Jørgensen
- Historical EU-funding for NRU post docs
- Two FSS grants to NRU researchers
- Travel grant to NRU from the Lundbeck Foundation
- NRU X-mas symposium Dec 8
- Scholarstipend from FSS
- Introduction stipend to Vibeke Dam
- Sapere Aude Starting grant to Vibe Frøkjær
- PhD-course: Basic Kinetic Modeling in PET and MR Imaging, Feb 26-March 2, 2018