- Published: Monday, 07 October 2019 09:55
- Hits: 834
- Published: Wednesday, 02 October 2019 11:23
- Hits: 1154
- Published: Thursday, 05 September 2019 14:30
- Hits: 1311
Project period: 01-01-2020 to 31-12-2021.
Brief scentific summary of project:
Serotonin 2A receptor stimulation with the psychedelic compound psilocybin is emerging as a promising treatment for affective disorders, which includes the use of music as support. Music evokes a wide range of emotions and can change the way we think and feel about ourselves. However, a better understanding of the neurobiological mechanisms by which music interplay with psychoactive effects of psilocybin is needed to inform us about its clinical utility. I propose to evaluate changes in brain connectivity in response to psilocybin and music measured with functional magnetic resonance imaging, and to correlate such changes with cerebral
serotonin 2A receptor binding measured with positron emission tomography. International partners are leading world experts from the Psychedelic Research Group at Imperial College London where I plan to stay for 12 months. Results from the study will contribute significantly to our understanding of the role played by
music in psilocybin-assisted therapy.
- Published: Wednesday, 04 September 2019 15:11
- Hits: 1207
- Published: Wednesday, 04 September 2019 11:51
- Hits: 1228
- Published: Friday, 23 August 2019 09:23
- Hits: 1052
Read more (in Danish) about their research in an article published in the online magazine IndenRigs.
- Published: Wednesday, 21 August 2019 15:50
- Hits: 1045
- Published: Monday, 08 July 2019 11:11
- Hits: 1394
- Published: Monday, 13 May 2019 13:07
- Hits: 1799
The project involves visiting post-doc Marie Spies (Austria) and deals with determining genetic effects on 5HT2A and 5HTT binding in healthy control.
- Published: Tuesday, 09 April 2019 09:13
- Hits: 1810
It is a great pleasure to invite you all to come and celebrate Claus Svarer's 25 years work anniversary on -
Thursday, May 16 at 14:00
NRU, Rigshospitalet, entrance 69, 3rd floor
Juliane Maries Vej 28, 2100 København Ø
Please see the invitation here.
The reception is kindly sponsored by the Neuroscience Center.
Gitte Moos Knudsen
Professor, Head of NRU
More Articles ...
- Grant from Augustinus Fonden to Mikael Palner
- New funding from Elsassfonden
- Fondsbørsvekselerer Henry Hansen og Hustru Karla Hansens Legat
- New FSS grants to NRU researchers
- Major grant from the Lundbeck Foundation for 5-year thematic alliance within precision medicine in epilepsy and depression
- PhD defence: Marie Deen
- Travel stipend for Giske Opheim
- Grant from the Lundbeck Foundations International Neuroscience Programme for Hanne D. Hansen
- Successful PhD defence by Liv V. Hjordt
- Adriaan Lammertsma new visiting professor at NRU